Are eyelash extensions worth it? They offer a lot of benefits, but there are also some drawbacks that you’ll want to consider.
- Extensions are waterproof after 48 hours, so you can get them wet without ruining your look.
- Extensions are long-lasting, giving you about a month without a lot of upkeep.
- You’ll be able to wear less eye makeup as the extensions will give you the same effect.
- You can customize your look to get what you want.
- You will have to pay more for extensions and spend longer at the salon having them applied.
- They can get pricey, depending on the look you want.
- There is the risk of damage to your natural lashes if they aren’t applied properly.
PREPPING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Getting the best out of your lashes means being prepared before you go to the salon. Ensure you go without any makeup on, and remove your contacts if you wear them. Ensure you’ve showered and washed your hair that morning, as you won’t be able to for 48 hours after application. Ensure that you’ve researched the salon too, so you know you’re getting the best treatment.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
To apply your new lashes, your tech will first consult with you before your appointment. This is to help you find the style you want, and you’ll be able to tell them if you have any allergies they should be aware of.
They’ll clean your eyes at the start of the appointment, and add under eye pads to make it easier to apply extensions. The application itself will take around two hours, and during this time they’ll use tweezers pick up an extension, dip it in glue, and attach it to your eyelashes.
Once they’re done, you’ll need to wait around 10 minutes to have your extensions dry, and they’ll then brush them through to finish them off.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR EXTENSIONS
Now you have your extensions, you’ll want them to last as long as possible. Firstly, do not get them wet for 48 hours after application. You’ll also want to avoid oil-based products, as these will break down the glue. Also, ensure you don’t put tension on your lashes by running them or using an eyelash curler.